Director of Quality Management
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Healthcare Director of Quality
RN / BSN
We are looking for a Nursing Leader to Lead our team as the Director of Quality.
This position is responsible for providing leadership to ensure validity of measurement, accuracy of data, patient safety and regulatory compliance with quality improvement, reporting, and regulatory initiatives. A clinical quality improvement specialist uses a combination of nursing, quality, and informatics knowledge to manage data, process, and information systems. In this role, the objectives would include improving clinical care as well as clinical documentation and reporting for treatment, prevention, and drug administration regimens, record keeping practices, workflow procedures, medical decision-making practices, and pay-for-performance programs.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Must be an active participant in staying current with all pay for performance programs, government regulations, and key health care system initiatives regarding medical record documentation and plan of care.
- Performs medical record abstraction for the purpose of quality improvement or reporting. Review and analyze healthcare data and records, validating accuracy and quality documentation to ensure compliance with program requirements. Acts as primary resource and consultant for healthcare providers in regards to a complete and accurate medical record. Ensures that medical records meet regulations. Consults with healthcare provider or quality initiative team regarding missing documentation and ensures that the correct data is entered.
- Presents results from data analysis to healthcare providers, chairs, appropriate committees and teams.
- Promotes the improvement of patient care and clinical excellence in clinical information systems via effective collaboration with healthcare providers, business and quality analysts, and leaders of clinical programs and quality initiatives. Ensures that the health care system as an organization and clinical providers are following best practice care and are documenting in accordance with these clinical and quality initiatives.
- Provides education to healthcare providers on best practice patient care as well as documentation, interpretation and compliance of the medical record. Collaborates with medical providers on the documentation for the elements of care for certain patient populations.
- Works with quality initiative teams and process innovation to improve care delivery and documentation. Provides support to develop and utilize processes that improve clinical documentation to support patient care, efficient clinical processes, and analytics needs.
- BSN required. RN in State of North Carolina
- CPHQ certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in acute care hospital services required and progressive leadership experience preferred.
- Expertise in use of quality improvement methods, tools, and project management required.
- Knowledge of accreditation and regulatory standards and their use to drive quality improvement required.
- Skilled in use of Windows based software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and medical record review required. Epic and Midas skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
For consideration for the following position of Quality Improvement Specialist please e-mail your resume to:
Hoss Melton | Recruiter
Main 512 795 - 2000 x80 | West Coast Office 323-515-8299 | Mobile 805-205-4699
HMelton@MLeeHealthcare.com | www.MLee.com